About This Blog

The Summer of Armando

My name is Armando, a Venezuelan living in Massachusetts and I work for a company that offers a few great benefits. One of them is what the...

Friday, August 4, 2017

The Trip (Part 1)

We flew to Florida today. Lucas was very excited that he was going to visit his grandparents. He was up by 6 AM. My mission this week was to eat everything in the fridge that might go bad while we were out and I finished it yesterday so unfortunately we had nothing to eat for breakfast. Alegna and Lucas each ate a yogurt and I had some jello while we waited for a reasonable hour to go for some brunch.

We spent the morning preparing our bags and making sure we weren't forgetting anything. At around 10:30 we left and had some brunch on an IHOP. We had a feast of pancakes, eggs and bacon. I had some steak too, of course. Lucas would not stop asking questions, he was so excited that he was in hyper mode. I really hoped he wouldn't behave this way on the plane. Matias was his usual calm and happy self. We drove to the airport, checked all our luggage and went through security without a hitch in about 10 minutes. I love the Worcester airport.

After boarding the plane we found our seats. Lucas was going to travel on the window with me beside him. On the other side of the aisle was Alegna with Matias on her lap. Matias fell asleep almost immediately, while Lucas asked me about a thousand times "Are we flying yet?" and yelling "Blast off!" at the top of his lungs. I was worried that this was going to be a long flight. I looked through the JetBlue Magazine and saw that The Boss Baby would be playing on the TV. The movie saved our trip. Lucas was wearing his headphones watching the movie and laughing happily. Almost at the end of the movie he fell asleep and did not get up until we landed. Matias woke up and cried a little asking for food, but as soon as he ate he was back to normal.

We got to Ft. Lauderdale and my mom's house was full of family members. I got to see a lot of people that I had not seen in a while and I missed terribly. Of course, now Lucas and Matias get most of the attention but I was very happy to be here. It's 10 PM and Lucas is still refusing to sleep, but we're on vacation, we will worry about sleeping schedules when we get back. My only worry is that Alegna will be returning home a week before the kids and I. It's going to be tough to handle both of them on an airport by myself, but that will be material for an interesting future post.

What did I watch?
The Boss Baby: Perfect airplane movie, you don't really have to pay much attention. It had some funny moments that we could identify with. Lucas kept calling Matias Boss Baby.

2 comments: