About This Blog

The Summer of Armando

My name is Armando, a Venezuelan living in Massachusetts and I work for a company that offers a few great benefits. One of them is what the...

Monday, August 14, 2017

The Shower Head

Alegna is the one who is usually in charge of Matias's baths. I am a very clumsy person so I'm terrified of having to handle Matias with water and soap. Lucas is easy because I can just tell him what to do without having to hold him or handle him. I am perfectly capable of giving Lucas a bath or have him shower with me. The only way I can help with Matias is if I jump on the shower and hold him while Alegna washes him with soap and shampoo.

I usually hold Matias so the water will fall from the shower into his back or stomach. But every once in a while I like to put his head under the shower. His face looks really funny when I do this. He loves it and tries to drink the water. I mistimed the amount of time I had him under the shower once and he started coughing. Now I am a little bit more careful on how long I leave him there.

Here in Florida when Alegna left I wasn't sure how we were going to handle Matias's baths. But I quickly realized I had an army of grandmothers, aunts and cousins wanting to help with every baby activity. Giving him a bath is great opportunity to bond with him. It is also less work for me, so I am saving some energy to when I get back to Massachusetts.

Tonight I went with my cousins to an Escape Room for the first time. It was really fun and we actually managed to have the quickest time ever on the room we were supposed to escape from. We are number 1 in the hall of fame!

3 comments:

  1. Matías disfruta el montón de manos que te cargan en Boston vuelve a La Ley y el Orden. Jajajaja ese juego sueña a algo que Arturo participaría encantado y lo haría hasta ser el No.1 en la lista

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. jaja tienes razon pero es que te ves tambien en la foto que pareces primo!

      Delete