About This Blog

The Summer of Armando

My name is Armando, a Venezuelan living in Massachusetts and I work for a company that offers a few great benefits. One of them is what the...

Friday, August 18, 2017

The Beard

We have a barber on site where I work and there is where I usually get my haircuts and shaves. So I had not cut my hair or shaved since I started this blog. My mom used to be my barber when I lived in Venezuela, so for old times sake we decided to try it again. Also because I probably looked like Hagrid. We had been trying since I got here, but always something new came up and we would have to re plan. Finally today we were able to do it. Lucas wanted in on it too, so I let him shave part of my face with a hair clipper. It did not last long, as soon as some hairs fell on his hand he decided it wasn't as fun as it looked.

More importantly for this blog we had Matias go into the swimming pool for the first time. He can't wear sunscreen yet, so we waited until about 6 PM and got him an umbrella. We had a floatie that was in the shape of a frog and sat him there with the umbrella. He really enjoyed it, he kept moving his feet underwater and tried to bite on the floatie. He also motivated Lucas to get into the pool. Lucas kept trying to show him how he was supposed to move his feet to swim. We made some videos so mom would not miss it.

This is my last day in Florida. It has been really fun and relaxing. I got to see a lot of family that I do not see often. Lucas had a blast playing with everyone and being the center of attention. Matias was treated like royalty, people would get into fights to feed him, change his diaper or put him to sleep. Tomorrow I will get back to reality. Next week it will only be me and Matias again. I'll have to get used to our routine again and being in charge of everything. I also have to catch up with my DVR. I am a little nervous about the airplane trip tomorrow with both of them by myself. You will read about it Monday.

1 comment:

  1. El final de las vacaciones son como los cheetos uno siempre deja uno gordo para el final y así le queda uno el sabor más tiempo de la mejor chuchería de todos los tiempos. Disfruta al máximo el último día. Por el regreso Matías será tan bueno como siempre y Lucas entenderá, sobreviviras

    ReplyDelete