About This Blog

The Summer of Armando

My name is Armando, a Venezuelan living in Massachusetts and I work for a company that offers a few great benefits. One of them is what the...

Thursday, August 3, 2017

The Maid

Every couple of weeks we have a person that comes and cleans our house. What this means is that the day before we have to preemptively clean so the house will not be as filthy and messy for her and we feel less embarrassed. I know it makes no sense, she's going to clean anyway. Lucas hates it. He knows that when we say "Tomorrow Jane (not her real name) is coming" it means that he needs to pick up all his toys. This morning there were still a few toys hanging around so we picked them up before going to daycare.

To get out of her way and not feel weird by just watching her clean our mess, I decided to go have lunch somewhere else. Also, Alegna forbids cooking the day she comes so the house will smell clean. After my last cooking debacle that made the house smell like steak all day I did not want to risk it. I've been meaning to visit this new burger joint that has opened recently but I had not been able to convince Alegna to come with me. Of course I couldn't, she does not eat meat. So I decided to go there for a burger and a shake.

Driving there my engine light came on. My car has been feeling weird lately and now I will have to take it to the shop to see what's wrong with it. That can wait for some other day, today it is all about my burger. I get there and with Matias in a stroller I come in and make my order: A double cheeseburger with cheddar, tomatoes, grilled onions and BBQ sauce and a vanilla shake. I find a table while I wait for my order and Matias is all smiles as always. He enchants a couple of ladies that approach us and start commenting about his beautiful his eyes.They are big and gray and everyone always comments on them. I finally get my order and it is very disappointing. The burger is as greasy as the one in the picture above. The shake was pretty good. I go home feeling fat and sad, but at least I have a cute kid.

What did I Watch?
Mothra: Interesting Japanese monster movie, I was expecting something really bad but it was actually watchable. The monster does not show up until an hour into the movie. I like that Mohra in this movie is actually the good guy just trying to save some kidnapped 1-foot princesses from its island. At the beginning it is just a caterpillar swimming and crawling causing destruction, but then it cocoons and it becomes a giant moth that causes hurricane winds with its wings.

2 comments:

  1. Ohhhh nothing makes me feel so sad that the expectation of going to a place to have something that at the end was not as good as I expected 😭😭

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jajajajajaja yo soy igual!!!! Hay que limpiar para que la señora no piense que uno es un cochino! Jajajaja

    ReplyDelete