About This Blog

The Summer of Armando

My name is Armando, a Venezuelan living in Massachusetts and I work for a company that offers a few great benefits. One of them is what the...

Wednesday, August 9, 2017

The Marine Biologist

We went to the Miami Seaquarium today. I barely remember the last time I was there. I must have been 5 or 6. This was the first time Lucas would see some of these animals and I was excited to see how he would react to them. But Blackfish and The Cove permanently ruined these parks for me. It was bittersweet because I could remember the excitement that Lucas was probably experiencing watching the killer whales and the dolphins for the first time, doing exciting jumps and tricks, but in the back of my mind I had thoughts of how some of these animals probably got here.

We got there right about the time the sea lion show was starting, we rushed to the dome and found some seats. Lucas laughed and enjoyed the show. By the time the show was over Lucas and Matias got hungry so we decided to eat our sandwiches on some picnic tables. I realized the killer whale show was about to start so we sent Lucas with my mom to find some seats while Alegna and I picked everything up. When we got to the show we found them soaked. As soon as they walked into the stadium the killer whale jumped and splashed them. My mom said Lucas found it very funny, but from that moment he decided to keep his distance from the rest of the exhibits. He did say that his favorite part of the day was when the dolphins from another show did not get him wet.

The rest of the day was entertaining but the temperature was really warm and humid. We quickly walked through the shark, crocodile, manatee and penguin exhibits and decided to call it a success and leave. Matias behaved like an angel. I sometimes feel guilty that we take advantage of his personality. He never complains so we do things that we shouldn't probably do with a 4 month old. The rest of the day he was a little bit cranky, but we were extra patient with him. By the way, it is official, he does roll over. He kept doing it today and would smile after we cheered every time he did it. He was very proud of his first milestone.

4 comments:

  1. Jajajajaja Now Lucas knows if he seats in the front row he will get wet and congratulations Matias.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have so many memories of the Miami Seaquarium! I feel like i woudl be disappointed if I were to go back also because of blackfish. I will leave my memories as they are and not try to ruin them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "He did say that his favorite part of the day was when the dolphins from another show did not get him wet" ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

    ReplyDelete