About This Blog

The Summer of Armando

My name is Armando, a Venezuelan living in Massachusetts and I work for a company that offers a few great benefits. One of them is what the...

Sunday, July 16, 2017

The Fatigues


If you recall Thursday’s post Armando had to call reinforcements to help him with Matias due to a stomach bug. That day I came home to a defeated man. He was lying in the couch and I came with some Imodium and Gatorade to help him with his ailments. He said Matias was an angel because every time he cried he would go to his crib and there he was with the biggest smile even though Armando was trying not to hold him or touch him.

Friday afternoon I got to daycare to pick Lucas up and noticed he was a bit warm. I asked the teacher if she had noticed anything and she said he had been acting fine all day long. I got home, took his temperature and that confirmed what I already knew: he is running a fever.

Both Armando and I had a rough night. Lucas sweated out the fever and woke up crying. His hair was wet, his pj’s were wet, and his bed was wet. We were too tired to change his sheets and put him down in ours. In the morning he was doing better and while he was in soccer practice Matias was taking his bottle and suddenly started throwing up. I changed him, changed the bed sheets, changed my clothes and Lucas came home. He did not have a big appetite, but is drinking fluids and I am fine with that. Then Matias has a lose bowel movement and Lucas starts running a fever again.

The 1st time Lucas got sick after I got back to work I was so tired I had to call out. I thought of all the times me or my brother got sick while we were growing up and I never remember my mom staying home with us. She would take care of us at night, wake up in the morning, drop whoever was feeling fine at school and the sick one at my grandma’s and then went work. Having kids makes you realize and appreciate all the things our parents did for us that go unnoticed because we don’t remember.

This weekend went down between soiled diapers, fevers and puke. I need a weekend to recover from this weekend, but to be honest I would not change it for the world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment