About This Blog

The Summer of Armando

My name is Armando, a Venezuelan living in Massachusetts and I work for a company that offers a few great benefits. One of them is what the...

Thursday, July 13, 2017

The Chinese Restaurant

The post I have gotten most positive feedback from was the one where things did not actually work out for me (The Serenity Now). So fate decided to give people what they wanted. I'm going to be honest this one physically hurt.

I had been hanging in the house for the last couple of days, just leaving to take Lucas to daycare, so to avoid getting a bad case of cabin fever we decided to go walk on the mall for a while. We had fun watching some Legos at the Lego Store and we spent some time on the playground. When it was time for dinner all restaurants were crowded and we did not want to wait so we walked to the food court. I walked past a stand where they were selling Philly Cheesesteaks and they give me a sample to try, it was pretty good so I decide that is what I'm eating. But why is the post called "The Chinese Restaurant"? Well if you haven't noticed yet all of the titles of my posts are also Seinfeld episode titles so I don't have much room to choose. But, most importantly, all of the employees on the "Philly Cheesesteak" stand where Chinese. I devour my sandwich and it was delicious, but when I got home something was feeling weird already.

My night was terrible with constant running to the bathroom with food poisoning symptoms. I was able to feed Matias at about 2 AM, but could not get any sleep after that. I saw Alegna leave at 5:30 and I was tempted to ask her to stay, but I decided to be strong and take it like a man. Matias woke up a little later and then Lucas and I was suddenly looking at a long day of work. I fed Matias before serving Lucas breakfast (I learned my lesson) and put him down to sleep. Lucas wants some cereal so I serve a bowl, but nature calls once again and I decide to trust him with his breakfast. Big mistake, I came back to what he called a "Cereal Tower", meaning all the cereal that was on the box was now on his bowl. I give him points for creativity.

I go to the daycare and as soon as I get there I realize I completely forgot Lucas's lunchbox. I have to negotiate with the teacher so they can figure out some lunch for him. I don't want to be away from my toilet longer than I have to so coming back with his lunchbox is out of the question. I get home and after the third trip to the bathroom I give up. I call Alegna and ask her to come home. I'm throwing the towel.

I still have not eaten anything but a bowl of rice at about noon and half a bottle of Gatorade. At least I'm not running to the bathroom anymore, but I still feel some pain in my stomach. I hope I'm better for tomorrow.

What did I watch?
Absolutely nothing!

Please remember to vote on the poll. There is a four way tie at the moment.

4 comments:

  1. The lesson for today never leave a child alone

    ReplyDelete
  2. You called the wife to bail you out, so you did take it like a man.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to see a picture of the cereal tower! Add some visuals for Lucas's next creative endeavor

    ReplyDelete
  4. I second Sr Hurtado (LOL, in Texican his name translates as "Armando hurted"). Post photos of the kids' "creativity". At the very least it'll defect blame.
    I don't know Lulu. She sounds like she'd kick me in the huevos just for fun. I disagree that men are wussy. Just millenials. I would've lined the tub with towels and toys (alliteration is my specialty) and let Matias play thru my crapfest. Builds character.
    Please call the mall, or the Natick Dept of Health, and report that. You'll be our hero!
    Hang in there amigo...it's Friday.

    ReplyDelete