About This Blog

The Summer of Armando

My name is Armando, a Venezuelan living in Massachusetts and I work for a company that offers a few great benefits. One of them is what the...

Thursday, July 6, 2017

The Contest


So a friend had a great idea to make this a little more interactive. I will introduce a new feature where readers can decide what movie I should watch next. If you look to your right (below Jerry Seinfeld's head) you will see a poll with 5 options. Vote for your favorite and I will watch it tomorrow. Below is a short description of each movie and the reason why I would like to see it:

I tried to have some variety in genres: Western, Film-Noir, Horror, Musical and a Foreign movie.

  1. Fort Apache: John Ford might have been the greatest western director ever and he teamed up with the greatest western star of the time, John Wayne, to make the now very famous cavalry trilogy. This is the first of the three, and I have only seen She Wore a Yellow Ribbon which I loved.
  2. The Set Up: A very famous film-noir, specially for the fact that it was the first movie to try to recreate the passage of time as if it was happening live by using the gimmick of showing clocks in key scenes to create tension.
  3. Equus: A film about a horse serial killer? Sounds too weird and interesting to pass up.
  4. Take Me Out to the Ball Game: A musical starring Frank Sinatra and Gene Kelly about baseball. Also I have never seen a film with Esther Williams on it, she was a swimming star that always had these theatrical pool scenes.
  5. A Story From Chikamatsu: Kenji Mizoguchi is a great Japanese director. I have seen a couple of his movies (Ugetsu and Sansho the Bailiff) and really enjoyed them.
So please vote you have until noon on Friday!

8 comments:

  1. Ve la del caballo y me cuentas qué tal !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Voté por Equus... suena demasiado dark

    ReplyDelete
  3. Equus, so you can tell me how horrible and absurd it is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No vale pero yo pense que ibas a cuidar al bebe

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fort Apache, of course. Subliminally exposing Matias to John Wayne is gonna pay dividends down the road, trust me. In fact, Ima buy Lucas a Daisy Red Rider for esta navidad! You gotta post a picture of Alegna's face when he opens that :)
    Bwahaha...and i wonder why i'm never invited over...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I had to google what a Daisy Red Rider is.

      Delete